BAPIE

Thursday, January 3, 2008

It's Cold Outside...

Okay, it's disgustingly cold. I guess it could be worse, as Sukanaya said on the CW11 Morning News. There could be a foot of snow out there. Still, at wind chills around 3 degrees, I think New York has a right to complain.  It was so cold outside, people kept their hats, gloves, earmuffs, and scarves on while riding the train. It was comfy, but still. 

I saw some cool shoots[shoe+boots] as well. The shoots are available at Payless right now. They're cute.  Unfortunately, it's not on the website so they're probably in the clearance aisle now.  

I received wonderful sneakers this morning.  After scouring about 10 websites, I found the perfect red skate shoes to replace my decrepit 4-5 y/o ones.  Here they are in all their shoe-y glory.  Gravis Lowdown Hi-cuts.  ~$60 on Shoes.com/Amazon.com.  These are the women's ones, but they also have men's ones.


I think they're funderful shoes.  I gave them a run today, they fit well.  I'm not really going to skate in them as much as I'll be playing DDR in them because they'll prevent me from slipping[skate shoes are good for arcade versions of DDR because of the good grip].  Good advice: it's best to order a half size up with any shoes you order online.

And now on to the more weird parts of today!  My buds and I got bored and decided to scour the lands of 86th Street!  We entered Circuit City with the intention of playing demos.  

WE SUCCEEDED!!!  

Here is a fun clip of the Prince[Katamari Damacy] dancing to Justin Timberlake's SexyBack[they played his entire album].


There were also other oddities including a random lady who screeched at us while we walked by.  Sadly, I didn't have the time to whip out my phone, as she proceeded to cross the street as if she had never screeched at us.
Oh yeah, if you're ever bored and there are Legos in the area, make some cool stuff out of them and send it to us.  That stuff is hella cool.  Here's my PAC MAN!


It took me a lot of yellow pieces and a lot of moving children to complete it, but it was TOTALLY worth it.

Last but not least, there's an awesome group of people who give out sandwiches, soap, deodorant, etc.  It makes me glad to see generous people out there to do something.  Hopefully they'll form a huge charity that goes on the train and does this, but it's good to at least see someone do it.

Now, I shall leave you with a sweet quote from a random dude on the train.

To a man who is slowly walking through the train with a coffee cup:
"Whaddya want, a quarter, buddy?  You got the cup!"

I did it for the lulz,
♥ Chotpy

No comments:

Followers